U.S. stocks rebounded Tuesday as investors awaited key financial decisions from Europe and the Federal Reserve, which are expected later this week. The S&P 500 rose 0.3 percent, and the Dow Jones industrial average rose 0.5 percent, to 13,323, putting it at its highest level since December 2007.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week