U.S. stocks rebounded Tuesday as investors awaited key financial decisions from Europe and the Federal Reserve, which are expected later this week. The S&P 500 rose 0.3 percent, and the Dow Jones industrial average rose 0.5 percent, to 13,323, putting it at its highest level since December 2007.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The forgotten victims of the war in Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week