GOOD DAY FOR:
Karen Klein, the bullied bus monitor whose abuse went viral, collects her $700,000 check made up of donations from over 30,000 people. She plans to donate a hefty portion of the sum to charity. [Death & Taxes]
Sticking it to the man
A man pays his parking ticket with 137 dollar bills he crafted into individual origami pigs. [HyperVocal]
A man uses GPS technology and his own ingenuity to track down his stolen laptop, and busts a drug ring in the process. [Tecca]
BAD DAY FOR:
Dreams of digital reunion tours
The company that created the controversial 2Pac hologram files for bankruptcy. [Geekosystem]
Putting primates in your pants
A man is caught in a New Delhi airport trying to smuggle a small Loris monkey to Dubai in his pants. [Discovery News]
A high school math teacher on strike in Chicago attacks Mayor Rahm Emanuel's character by claiming that Emanuel is a fan of the much-mocked bands Nickelback and Creed. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 11, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week