OOD DAY FOR:
Karen Klein, the bullied bus monitor whose abuse went viral, collects her $700,000 check made up of donations from over 30,000 people. She plans to donate a hefty portion of the sum to charity. [Death & Taxes]
Sticking it to the man
A man pays his parking ticket with 137 dollar bills he crafted into individual origami pigs. [HyperVocal]
A man uses GPS technology and his own ingenuity to track down his stolen laptop, and busts a drug ring in the process. [Tecca]
BAD DAY FOR:
Dreams of digital reunion tours
The company that created the controversial 2Pac hologram files for bankruptcy. [Geekosystem]
Putting primates in your pants
A man is caught in a New Delhi airport trying to smuggle a small Loris monkey to Dubai in his pants. [Discovery News]
A high school math teacher on strike in Chicago attacks Mayor Rahm Emanuel's character by claiming that Emanuel is a fan of the much-mocked bands Nickelback and Creed. [Gawker]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 11, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Captain America won over China
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week