im Cook and Co. finally pulled the curtains off the newest member of the Apple family on Wednesday, revealing the long-awaited iPhone 5. As expected, the handset has a bigger screen than older models (from 3.5 inches to 4), a faster A6 chip, and boasts a lightning quick 4G LTE network through Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint. The iPhone 5 is also smaller and thinner than the iPhone 4S, with a body made entirely of glass and aluminum. It starts at $199 for the 16GB version. Pre-orders begin Sept. 14 and the device ships Sept. 21.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week