Riots over a controversial anti-Muslim film went into a third day near the U.S. Embassy in Cairo on Thursday. Demonstrators were seen throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails while police tried to break up the groups by firing tear tear gas. At least 13 protesters and six police officers were wounded, according to Egyptian government officials.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week