Riots over a controversial anti-Muslim film went into a third day near the U.S. Embassy in Cairo on Thursday. Demonstrators were seen throwing rocks and Molotov cocktails while police tried to break up the groups by firing tear tear gas. At least 13 protesters and six police officers were wounded, according to Egyptian government officials.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week