ood news for President Obama: The incumbent has clear leads over Mitt Romney in the critical swing states of Florida, Virginia, and Ohio. According to polling by NBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Marist, Obama leads Romney by five points in Florida (the nation's biggest swing state, with 29 electoral votes). In Virginia, Obama also leads by five. And in Ohio, Obama leads Romney by an even bigger margin, 50 percent to 43 percent. In all three states, Obama's edge was outside the poll's margin of error.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week