Good news for President Obama: The incumbent has clear leads over Mitt Romney in the critical swing states of Florida, Virginia, and Ohio. According to polling by NBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Marist, Obama leads Romney by five points in Florida (the nation's biggest swing state, with 29 electoral votes). In Virginia, Obama also leads by five. And in Ohio, Obama leads Romney by an even bigger margin, 50 percent to 43 percent. In all three states, Obama's edge was outside the poll's margin of error.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week