Good news for President Obama: The incumbent has clear leads over Mitt Romney in the critical swing states of Florida, Virginia, and Ohio. According to polling by NBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Marist, Obama leads Romney by five points in Florida (the nation's biggest swing state, with 29 electoral votes). In Virginia, Obama also leads by five. And in Ohio, Obama leads Romney by an even bigger margin, 50 percent to 43 percent. In all three states, Obama's edge was outside the poll's margin of error.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Is Silicon Valley the new Versailles?
Subscribe to the Week