French magazine Closer is coming under fire for publishing photos of Britain's Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, sunbathing topless on a balcony while on vacation with Prince William in southern France. A St. James's Palace Official released a statement condemning the release of the images. "Their Royal Highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them." The palace charged that this incident was reminiscent of "the worst excesses" of paparazzi who followed Princess Diana, and were largely blamed for her death in a car crash. The publication of the photos come as the royal family tries to move on from naked photos that recently surfaced of Prince Harry partying in Las Vegas.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week