rench magazine Closer is coming under fire for publishing photos of Britain's Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, sunbathing topless on a balcony while on vacation with Prince William in southern France. A St. James's Palace Official released a statement condemning the release of the images. "Their Royal Highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them." The palace charged that this incident was reminiscent of "the worst excesses" of paparazzi who followed Princess Diana, and were largely blamed for her death in a car crash. The publication of the photos come as the royal family tries to move on from naked photos that recently surfaced of Prince Harry partying in Las Vegas.
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
Subscribe to the Week