The University of Texas at Austin issued an evacuation order for the entire campus on Friday morning, citing a bomb threat. "Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible," the school warned via Twitter. Reportedly, a man with a Middle Eastern accent, claiming to be with al Qaeda, called into the university and said he had placed bombs all over campus.
Update: North Dakota State University has also reportedly ordered an evacuation due to a bomb threat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week