he University of Texas at Austin issued an evacuation order for the entire campus on Friday morning, citing a bomb threat. "Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible," the school warned via Twitter. Reportedly, a man with a Middle Eastern accent, claiming to be with al Qaeda, called into the university and said he had placed bombs all over campus.
Update: North Dakota State University has also reportedly ordered an evacuation due to a bomb threat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 2 proven ways to increase your willpower — courtesy of the Cookie Monster
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
Subscribe to the Week