The University of Texas at Austin issued an evacuation order for the entire campus on Friday morning, citing a bomb threat. "Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible," the school warned via Twitter. Reportedly, a man with a Middle Eastern accent, claiming to be with al Qaeda, called into the university and said he had placed bombs all over campus.
Update: North Dakota State University has also reportedly ordered an evacuation due to a bomb threat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A scientific fact-check of 2001: A Space Odyssey
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week