The University of Texas at Austin issued an evacuation order for the entire campus on Friday morning, citing a bomb threat. "Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible," the school warned via Twitter. Reportedly, a man with a Middle Eastern accent, claiming to be with al Qaeda, called into the university and said he had placed bombs all over campus.
Update: North Dakota State University has also reportedly ordered an evacuation due to a bomb threat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week