The University of Texas at Austin issued an evacuation order for the entire campus on Friday morning, citing a bomb threat. "Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible," the school warned via Twitter. Reportedly, a man with a Middle Eastern accent, claiming to be with al Qaeda, called into the university and said he had placed bombs all over campus.
Update: North Dakota State University has also reportedly ordered an evacuation due to a bomb threat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week