pparently, Mitt Romney likes Jersey Shore. I'm "kind of a Snooki fan," Romney said during a Friday taping of Live! with Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan. (The segment will air Tuesday.) In an apparent attempt to "show his softer side to women voters — a group with which he is struggling to connect" — Romney said of Snooki: "Look how tiny she's gotten. She's lost weight. She's energetic. Just her spark-plug personality is kind of fun." Another seemingly odd moment: Questioned about what he wears to bed, the Republican Party's nominee for president said, "I hear the best answer is as little as possible." Predictably, critics immediately pounced on these seemingly odd comments. Coming "at a moment of international crisis, when U.S. embassies in the Middle East were being beset by anti-American protests, the television interview brought shudders from some Republicans," say Karen Tumulty and Philip Rucker at The Washington Post. These Republicans reportedly "fear the Romney campaign is running aground in its final stretch."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Instagram might be ruining our memories. Here's why that's a good thing.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week