The Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, has begun legal proceedings against the French magazine Closer for publishing photos of her sunbathing topless. Middleton and Prince Williams, the Duke of Cambridge, have expressed "anger and disbelief" at the publication of the photos, and they will reportedly sue Closer and its publisher for an invasion of Middleton's privacy.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- How Democrats might goad the GOP into shutting down the government
- Wait a minute, Mr. Postman: Why postal banking won't work
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
Subscribe to the Week