Four NATO troops were shot dead by at least one Afghan police officer at a checkpoint in southern Afghanistan on Sunday, in what officials are calling an "inside attack." The deaths brought the number of NATO troops killed by Afghan soldiers or policemen (or those wearing police uniforms) to 51 this year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Gay marriage is going to the Supreme Court — and it's probably going to win
Subscribe to the Week