Four NATO troops were shot dead by at least one Afghan police officer at a checkpoint in southern Afghanistan on Sunday, in what officials are calling an "inside attack." The deaths brought the number of NATO troops killed by Afghan soldiers or policemen (or those wearing police uniforms) to 51 this year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week