Four NATO troops were shot dead by at least one Afghan police officer at a checkpoint in southern Afghanistan on Sunday, in what officials are calling an "inside attack." The deaths brought the number of NATO troops killed by Afghan soldiers or policemen (or those wearing police uniforms) to 51 this year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
Subscribe to the Week