Four NATO troops were shot dead by at least one Afghan police officer at a checkpoint in southern Afghanistan on Sunday, in what officials are calling an "inside attack." The deaths brought the number of NATO troops killed by Afghan soldiers or policemen (or those wearing police uniforms) to 51 this year.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week