Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu argued again on Sunday that a policy of containment for Iran won't work because the country is guided by a "leadership of fanaticism." On NBC's Meet the Press, Netanyahu disagreed with those who say going to war with Iran would be worse than a nuclear Iran. "Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism," he said. "You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?" The Obama administration wants to give diplomacy and sanctions more time to force Iran to abandon its suspected nuclear work.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- House hunting: 7 beautiful homes in Georgia
Subscribe to the Week