Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu argued again on Sunday that a policy of containment for Iran won't work because the country is guided by a "leadership of fanaticism." On NBC's Meet the Press, Netanyahu disagreed with those who say going to war with Iran would be worse than a nuclear Iran. "Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism," he said. "You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?" The Obama administration wants to give diplomacy and sanctions more time to force Iran to abandon its suspected nuclear work.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week