Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu argued again on Sunday that a policy of containment for Iran won't work because the country is guided by a "leadership of fanaticism." On NBC's Meet the Press, Netanyahu disagreed with those who say going to war with Iran would be worse than a nuclear Iran. "Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism," he said. "You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?" The Obama administration wants to give diplomacy and sanctions more time to force Iran to abandon its suspected nuclear work.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
Subscribe to the Week