Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu argued again on Sunday that a policy of containment for Iran won't work because the country is guided by a "leadership of fanaticism." On NBC's Meet the Press, Netanyahu disagreed with those who say going to war with Iran would be worse than a nuclear Iran. "Iran is guided by a leadership with an unbelievable fanaticism," he said. "You want these fanatics to have nuclear weapons?" The Obama administration wants to give diplomacy and sanctions more time to force Iran to abandon its suspected nuclear work.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The secret advantages of great penmanship
- For Democrats, the right lesson from 2014 is to be more liberal
- How the brides of ISIS are attracting Western women
- The real lesson of the looming Martha Coakley disaster
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week