oogle is refusing a White House request to remove an anti-Islam clip on You Tube that is being blamed for causing a wave of attacks across the Middle East. YouTube said in a statement that the video is widely available on the internet and is "clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube." In the video, reportedly made by an Egypt-born Coptic Christian living in the U.S., Prophet Mohammad is painted as a womanizer, pedophile, and killer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week