Google is refusing a White House request to remove an anti-Islam clip on You Tube that is being blamed for causing a wave of attacks across the Middle East. YouTube said in a statement that the video is widely available on the internet and is "clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube." In the video, reportedly made by an Egypt-born Coptic Christian living in the U.S., Prophet Mohammad is painted as a womanizer, pedophile, and killer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
Subscribe to the Week