Google is refusing a White House request to remove an anti-Islam clip on You Tube that is being blamed for causing a wave of attacks across the Middle East. YouTube said in a statement that the video is widely available on the internet and is "clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube." In the video, reportedly made by an Egypt-born Coptic Christian living in the U.S., Prophet Mohammad is painted as a womanizer, pedophile, and killer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
Subscribe to the Week