Google is refusing a White House request to remove an anti-Islam clip on You Tube that is being blamed for causing a wave of attacks across the Middle East. YouTube said in a statement that the video is widely available on the internet and is "clearly within our guidelines and so will stay on YouTube." In the video, reportedly made by an Egypt-born Coptic Christian living in the U.S., Prophet Mohammad is painted as a womanizer, pedophile, and killer.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
Subscribe to the Week