new round of violent demonstrations rocked the Muslim world on Monday as protesters continued to rage against an anti-Islam video made by a filmmaker in the United States. Hundreds of rioters in Afghanistan burned cars and threw rocks at a U.S. military base in Kabul. In Jakarta, Indonesians battled with police outside the U.S. embassy where they burned tires and hurled stones and Molotov cocktails. In Pakistan, about 3,000 students and teachers protested against the film in the town of Chaman. The crowd was seen burning an American flag and an effigy of President Obama. The White House has responded by sending additional military forces to certain areas.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week