ibyan President Mohammed Magarief said about 50 people have been arrested in connection with last week's deadly attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. He added that some of the suspects were linked to al Qaeda and are from countries outside of Libya, including Mali and Algeria. "It was definitely planned by foreigners, by people who entered the country a few months ago, and they were planning criminal acts since their arrival," Magarief said Sunday on CBS' Face the Nation.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week