Kate Middleton and Prince William will make a criminal complaint against the photographer who snapped photos of the Duchess of Cambridge as she sunbathed topless in a private villa in France. The royal family has already filed a civil lawsuit against France's Closer magazine, which first published the photos. Since then, the Irish Daily Star and Italy's Chi have also published the photos. Lawyers for the couple will appear in court on Monday. They are seeking damages from Closer and an order to stop the publication of any more images.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week