Kate Middleton and Prince William will make a criminal complaint against the photographer who snapped photos of the Duchess of Cambridge as she sunbathed topless in a private villa in France. The royal family has already filed a civil lawsuit against France's Closer magazine, which first published the photos. Since then, the Irish Daily Star and Italy's Chi have also published the photos. Lawyers for the couple will appear in court on Monday. They are seeking damages from Closer and an order to stop the publication of any more images.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Rise of the machines
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 10 things you need to know today: October 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week