Kate Middleton and Prince William will make a criminal complaint against the photographer who snapped photos of the Duchess of Cambridge as she sunbathed topless in a private villa in France. The royal family has already filed a civil lawsuit against France's Closer magazine, which first published the photos. Since then, the Irish Daily Star and Italy's Chi have also published the photos. Lawyers for the couple will appear in court on Monday. They are seeking damages from Closer and an order to stop the publication of any more images.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
Subscribe to the Week