OOD DAY FOR:
After five false pregnancies, the National Zoo's female giant panda finally welcomes a new cub into the world. [Newser]
Outsmarting the paparazzi
The Amazing Spider-Man stars (and real-life couple) Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield "charity-bomb" the paparazzi by holding up signs promoting a charity's website as the paps snap the stars' photo. [The Frisky]
Your sweet tooth
Japanese scientists create artificial tooth enamel that could help prevent tooth decay without the need for vigilant brushing. [Consumerist]
BAD DAY FOR:
Samsung launches a new ad campaign claiming that its smartphones boast more impressive features than the iPhone — suggesting that the company is still bitter about having to pay Apple $1 billion for patent infringement. [Geekosystem]
Trusting without verifying
Fox & Friends gets trolled on the air by a a young man claiming to be a disillusioned former Obama supporter, who spends the interview making fun of host Gretchen Carlson instead of bashing Obama. [HyperVocal]
Adding insult to injury
After troubled former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes' well-publicized driving mishaps, Lindsay Lohan calls Bynes out via Twitter, demanding to know why she hasn't been put in the slammer. [The Daily What]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 14, 2012
- WATCH: Jon Stewart and Bill O'Reilly spar over the Obama scandals
- How the White House's war on media backfired
- 10 things you need to know today: May 23, 2013
- WATCH: Suspect defends brutal beheading of London man in broad daylight
- A linguistic dissection of 7 annoying teenage sounds
- Is Greek yogurt hurting the environment?
- Sadly, you are uglier than you think
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Did IRS official Lois Lerner waive her right to silence?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The politics behind Kanye West's 'New Slaves'
- Are we on the cusp of a solar energy boom?
- Why Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn doesn't want tornado relief money
- WATCH: Jon Stewart hates everyone in Washington now
- LIVE UPDATES: Massive tornado tears through Oklahoma City area
- Angry at the government? 5 ways you can fight back
- 7 purported health benefits of drinking coffee
- What is a quantum computer — and why does Google need one?
- Why NASA is funding a 3D pizza printer
- The cool backstory of the Slurpee