Apple on Monday announced that 2 million people had already ordered an iPhone 5, doubling the previous single-day pre-sale record. The highly anticipated smartphone is set to officially debut at brick-and-mortar stores on September 21. After the announcement, Apple's share price proceeded to cross the $700 threshold, another record, in after-hours trading.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week