pple on Monday announced that 2 million people had already ordered an iPhone 5, doubling the previous single-day pre-sale record. The highly anticipated smartphone is set to officially debut at brick-and-mortar stores on September 21. After the announcement, Apple's share price proceeded to cross the $700 threshold, another record, in after-hours trading.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week