Apple on Monday announced that 2 million people had already ordered an iPhone 5, doubling the previous single-day pre-sale record. The highly anticipated smartphone is set to officially debut at brick-and-mortar stores on September 21. After the announcement, Apple's share price proceeded to cross the $700 threshold, another record, in after-hours trading.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week