op U.S. officials have decided to suspend most joint U.S.-Afghan military operations following Sunday's insider attacks, which killed six troops, four Americans and two Brits. The order suspends most activity on the ground" until further notice." Attacks in which Afghans turn their guns on supposed allies have left 51 NATO troops dead this year alone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week