hicago teachers are "poring over the details" of a proposed contract that would end a strike that has kept 350,000 students out of class since last week. Mayor Rahm Emanuel, who wants to judge teachers based on students' performance on standardized tests, took the matter to court on Monday. A judge has called a hearing for Wednesday to rule on the city's request for an injunction mandating that teachers return to work, contract or no.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- The last racial taboo
Subscribe to the Week