Anti-Japan protests rocked China on Tuesday, the emotional anniversary marking Tokyo's 1931 occupation of its "giant neighbor." The rioting has escalated over a territorial dispute regarding islands in the East China Sea. Japanese businesses have shut down hundreds of stores and factories across China. And Japan's embassy in Beijing came under attack by rioters who threw water bottles and eggs at the government building.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Stop freaking out over the West's jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week