nti-Japan protests rocked China on Tuesday, the emotional anniversary marking Tokyo's 1931 occupation of its "giant neighbor." The rioting has escalated over a territorial dispute regarding islands in the East China Sea. Japanese businesses have shut down hundreds of stores and factories across China. And Japan's embassy in Beijing came under attack by rioters who threw water bottles and eggs at the government building.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week