Anti-Japan protests rocked China on Tuesday, the emotional anniversary marking Tokyo's 1931 occupation of its "giant neighbor." The rioting has escalated over a territorial dispute regarding islands in the East China Sea. Japanese businesses have shut down hundreds of stores and factories across China. And Japan's embassy in Beijing came under attack by rioters who threw water bottles and eggs at the government building.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week