nti-Japan protests rocked China on Tuesday, the emotional anniversary marking Tokyo's 1931 occupation of its "giant neighbor." The rioting has escalated over a territorial dispute regarding islands in the East China Sea. Japanese businesses have shut down hundreds of stores and factories across China. And Japan's embassy in Beijing came under attack by rioters who threw water bottles and eggs at the government building.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week