French magazine Closer has been fined for publishing topless photographs of Kate Middleton taken while she was sunbathing at a private villa. A French court also ruled Tuesday that the magazine not distribute the magazine in print or online. Meanwhile, an editor at the Irish Daily Star, which also ran the photos, was suspended pending an investigation. The royal couple has also filed a criminal complaint against the photographer who took the photos.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week