French magazine Closer has been fined for publishing topless photographs of Kate Middleton taken while she was sunbathing at a private villa. A French court also ruled Tuesday that the magazine not distribute the magazine in print or online. Meanwhile, an editor at the Irish Daily Star, which also ran the photos, was suspended pending an investigation. The royal couple has also filed a criminal complaint against the photographer who took the photos.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week