French magazine Closer has been fined for publishing topless photographs of Kate Middleton taken while she was sunbathing at a private villa. A French court also ruled Tuesday that the magazine not distribute the magazine in print or online. Meanwhile, an editor at the Irish Daily Star, which also ran the photos, was suspended pending an investigation. The royal couple has also filed a criminal complaint against the photographer who took the photos.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week