French magazine Closer has been fined for publishing topless photographs of Kate Middleton taken while she was sunbathing at a private villa. A French court also ruled Tuesday that the magazine not distribute the magazine in print or online. Meanwhile, an editor at the Irish Daily Star, which also ran the photos, was suspended pending an investigation. The royal couple has also filed a criminal complaint against the photographer who took the photos.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week