Fast food chains: America's new manufacturing sector?
Assembling a Big Mac or a Chipotle burrito, argues Matthew Yglesias at Slate, requires a factory-style division of labor
Nearly 30,000 McDonald's workers could lose their insurance if the fast-food chain has to comply with new health-care reforms.
CC BY: William F. Yurasko
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week