Fast food chains: America's new manufacturing sector?
Assembling a Big Mac or a Chipotle burrito, argues Matthew Yglesias at Slate, requires a factory-style division of labor
Nearly 30,000 McDonald's workers could lose their insurance if the fast-food chain has to comply with new health-care reforms.
CC BY: William F. Yurasko
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week