Fast food chains: America's new manufacturing sector?
Assembling a Big Mac or a Chipotle burrito, argues Matthew Yglesias at Slate, requires a factory-style division of labor
Nearly 30,000 McDonald's workers could lose their insurance if the fast-food chain has to comply with new health-care reforms.
CC BY: William F. Yurasko
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week