fter Apple announced on Monday that it had sold a record 2 million iPhone 5 units during the first 24 hours of pre-ordering, the company's stock price hit an all-time high of $700 a share in after-hours trading. Shares continued to hover near that mark on Tuesday. Apple's stock is up 6 percent since the day before the company unveiled its latest generation iPhone.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- Nelson Mandela dead at 95
Subscribe to the Week