After Apple announced on Monday that it had sold a record 2 million iPhone 5 units during the first 24 hours of pre-ordering, the company's stock price hit an all-time high of $700 a share in after-hours trading. Shares continued to hover near that mark on Tuesday. Apple's stock is up 6 percent since the day before the company unveiled its latest generation iPhone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week