After Apple announced on Monday that it had sold a record 2 million iPhone 5 units during the first 24 hours of pre-ordering, the company's stock price hit an all-time high of $700 a share in after-hours trading. Shares continued to hover near that mark on Tuesday. Apple's stock is up 6 percent since the day before the company unveiled its latest generation iPhone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- California's epic drought
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to develop and defend smart opinions
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week