A Georgia woman is being sued by her local homeowners association for painting her 4-year-old granddaughter's spacious playhouse shades of pink and purple. While the organization's rules dictate that a shed or garage must be painted the same color as the house itself, homeowner Becky Rogers-Peck contends that a playhouse is not the same as a shed. "The general reaction is, 'Are you kidding me?'" she told TODAY.com. "They're suing you over a pink playhouse?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week