GOOD DAY FOR:
Fox News pundit Bill O'Reilly and Daily Show host Jon Stewart announce that they will go head to head — again — and debate each other next month. [The Daily What]
The fourth-largest chunk of moon rock on Earth is expected to fetch up to $380,000 at auction. [Tecca]
Recycling your stale cupcakes
Researchers in Hong Kong team up with Starbucks to treat day-old pastries in a bio-refinery in order to turn them into bio-plastics or detergents. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Blaming bad vibes
A New York Asian-fusion restaurant cancels a gay couple's rehearsal dinner, claiming that same-sex wedding parties are "bad for feng shui." [Jezebel]
A leaked McDonald's memo suggests that the restructured pork sandwich Americans go nuts for every fall may not return until the second half of December. [Consumerist]
Leaving your sweater at home
A new study finds that employees working in offices with temperatures below 68 degrees make 44 percent more errors than those who work in offices without oppressively cold central air. [The Billfold]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 17, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week