OOD DAY FOR:
Fox News pundit Bill O'Reilly and Daily Show host Jon Stewart announce that they will go head to head — again — and debate each other next month. [The Daily What]
The fourth-largest chunk of moon rock on Earth is expected to fetch up to $380,000 at auction. [Tecca]
Recycling your stale cupcakes
Researchers in Hong Kong team up with Starbucks to treat day-old pastries in a bio-refinery in order to turn them into bio-plastics or detergents. [Geekosystem]
BAD DAY FOR:
Blaming bad vibes
A New York Asian-fusion restaurant cancels a gay couple's rehearsal dinner, claiming that same-sex wedding parties are "bad for feng shui." [Jezebel]
A leaked McDonald's memo suggests that the restructured pork sandwich Americans go nuts for every fall may not return until the second half of December. [Consumerist]
Leaving your sweater at home
A new study finds that employees working in offices with temperatures below 68 degrees make 44 percent more errors than those who work in offices without oppressively cold central air. [The Billfold]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 17, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week