After calls from conservatives, including Mitt Romney himself, that Mother Jones release the full video of a secretly taped speech by the GOP presidential candidate making damaging comments — about the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and the "47 percent" of Americans who are too "dependent on the government" — the magazine has complied, posting the entire clip to its website. "Romney is not the only one who has called for the release of the full 49-minute video," writes Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief David Corn. "And we're more than happy to oblige. The complete video demonstrates that Romney was not snippetized and that he was captured raw and uncut."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week