After calls from conservatives, including Mitt Romney himself, that Mother Jones release the full video of a secretly taped speech by the GOP presidential candidate making damaging comments — about the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and the "47 percent" of Americans who are too "dependent on the government" — the magazine has complied, posting the entire clip to its website. "Romney is not the only one who has called for the release of the full 49-minute video," writes Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief David Corn. "And we're more than happy to oblige. The complete video demonstrates that Romney was not snippetized and that he was captured raw and uncut."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The world is on fire and neither Democrats or Republicans have a clue
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
Subscribe to the Week