After calls from conservatives, including Mitt Romney himself, that Mother Jones release the full video of a secretly taped speech by the GOP presidential candidate making damaging comments — about the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and the "47 percent" of Americans who are too "dependent on the government" — the magazine has complied, posting the entire clip to its website. "Romney is not the only one who has called for the release of the full 49-minute video," writes Mother Jones' Washington bureau chief David Corn. "And we're more than happy to oblige. The complete video demonstrates that Romney was not snippetized and that he was captured raw and uncut."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 language habits that reveal your age
Subscribe to the Week