nti-Japan protesters, expressing outrage over a territorial dispute, attacked a car carrying the U.S. ambassador to China in Beijing. About 50 demonstrators surrounded Ambassador Gary Locke's vehicle as he tried to enter the embassy on Tuesday. Locke was not hurt, and the protesters were eventually removed by Chinese security. The violence follows on the heels of attacks on U.S. embassies in Libya, Yemen, and Egypt.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- 11 languages spoken by 11 people or fewer
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
Subscribe to the Week