nti-Japan protesters, expressing outrage over a territorial dispute, attacked a car carrying the U.S. ambassador to China in Beijing. About 50 demonstrators surrounded Ambassador Gary Locke's vehicle as he tried to enter the embassy on Tuesday. Locke was not hurt, and the protesters were eventually removed by Chinese security. The violence follows on the heels of attacks on U.S. embassies in Libya, Yemen, and Egypt.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
Subscribe to the Week