Syrian rebels seized control of a border crossing with Turkey on Wednesday, tearing down the Syrian flag and sending a stream of ecstatic people into the neighboring country. It is not clear if the rebels, who want to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, took control of the entire Tel Abyad border gate — which would help the rebels bring supplies into Syria — and it's possible Assad could send military reinforcement anytime to retake the territory.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- Ismail Kadare's 6 favorite books
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week