yrian rebels seized control of a border crossing with Turkey on Wednesday, tearing down the Syrian flag and sending a stream of ecstatic people into the neighboring country. It is not clear if the rebels, who want to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, took control of the entire Tel Abyad border gate — which would help the rebels bring supplies into Syria — and it's possible Assad could send military reinforcement anytime to retake the territory.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Why Americans care about Rob Ford's drug abuse but not Nigella Lawson's
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
Subscribe to the Week