top U.S. counterterrorism official told Congress on Wednesday that the assault on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi last week, which left four Americans dead, was a "terrorist attack" with a possible al Qaeda connection. Whether perpetrators planned in advance to attack on Sept. 11 is still being probed, said Matthew Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center. Democrats and Republicans have been disputing whether the siege was premeditated.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
Subscribe to the Week