An actress in the controversial anti-Islam film Innocence of Muslims — which sparked deadly protests across the world — is suing filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula (obscured in photo). Cindy Lee Garcia claims her voice was dubbed in the film and that she was unaware of the anti-Muslim content in it. Garcia also plans to seek an injunction Thursday against the 14-minute YouTube trailer and ask that it be taken down. YouTube has so far denied requests to remove the film.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week