An actress in the controversial anti-Islam film Innocence of Muslims — which sparked deadly protests across the world — is suing filmmaker Nakoula Basseley Nakoula (obscured in photo). Cindy Lee Garcia claims her voice was dubbed in the film and that she was unaware of the anti-Muslim content in it. Garcia also plans to seek an injunction Thursday against the 14-minute YouTube trailer and ask that it be taken down. YouTube has so far denied requests to remove the film.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
Subscribe to the Week