OOD DAY FOR:
Getting the West Wing vote
A Michigan Supreme Court candidate whose sister appeared on 48 episodes of The West Wing somehow convinces the show's cast to reunite for her campaign ad. [The Daily What]
After Stephen Colbert ridicules USA Today's confounding new logo design, America's newspaper needles the comedian by printing a logo featuring Spongebob Squarepants in the Pentagon with a Dorito — a reference to a joke Colbert made on the show. [HyperVocal]
Channeling your inner Steve Irwin
A Florida grandfather living in a retirement community saves his terrier's life by literally wrestling the dog free from the jaws of an alligator. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
A verbal altercation between two flight attendants delays a flight bound for Washington, D.C., for four hours. [Gothamist]
Vegan coffee fiends
Vegans and other soy milk enthusiasts are up in arms after Starbucks starts charging rewards program members for soy milk and syrup — extras that were once free. [Business Insider]
Citing the freedom of speech, a judge rules that 10 New York subway stations must display ads bearing offensive, anti-Muslim messages. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 19, 2012
- The man who sued his wife for birthing an ugly baby
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch The Daily Show pit Pope Francis against Fox News' 'War on Christmas'
Subscribe to the Week