OOD DAY FOR:
Getting the West Wing vote
A Michigan Supreme Court candidate whose sister appeared on 48 episodes of The West Wing somehow convinces the show's cast to reunite for her campaign ad. [The Daily What]
After Stephen Colbert ridicules USA Today's confounding new logo design, America's newspaper needles the comedian by printing a logo featuring Spongebob Squarepants in the Pentagon with a Dorito — a reference to a joke Colbert made on the show. [HyperVocal]
Channeling your inner Steve Irwin
A Florida grandfather living in a retirement community saves his terrier's life by literally wrestling the dog free from the jaws of an alligator. [Death & Taxes]
BAD DAY FOR:
A verbal altercation between two flight attendants delays a flight bound for Washington, D.C., for four hours. [Gothamist]
Vegan coffee fiends
Vegans and other soy milk enthusiasts are up in arms after Starbucks starts charging rewards program members for soy milk and syrup — extras that were once free. [Business Insider]
Citing the freedom of speech, a judge rules that 10 New York subway stations must display ads bearing offensive, anti-Muslim messages. [Newser]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 19, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week