resident Obama on Thursday mocked Mitt Romney's now infamous remark that 47 percent of Americans are "dependent on government" and incapable of taking responsibility for themselves. "When you express the attitude that half the country considers themselves victims and wants to be dependent on government, my thinking is that you haven't gotten around a lot," Obama told a forum for Latino voters hosted by Spanish-language channel Univision. Obama also faced tough questioning from host Jorge Ramos on immigration reform. Ramos suggested that Obama had broken his 2008 campaign promise to pass a comprehensive reform bill. Obama rejected the suggestion, saying Republicans in Congress were to blame for blocking progress on the issue.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- How America's unions can reinvent themselves in the new economy
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week