new wave of violence hit Pakistan on Friday as demonstrators battled with police over the now-infamous anti-Islam video made by a filmmaker in the U.S. The surge comes as Pakistani authorities encouraged peace and declared Friday a "Day of Love for the Prophet Muhammad." In Peshawar, rioters set fire to two cinemas and clashed with police who had to scatter them with tear gas. In Islamabad, protesters torched a toll both. At least five demonstrators were wounded and one killed.
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The secrets of happy families
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- President Obama snapped a selfie during Nelson Mandela's memorial service
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
Subscribe to the Week