ecretary of State Hillary Clinton said there is "absolutely no information or reason to believe there is any basis" behind a claim that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens was on an al Qaeda hit list. The comments came after a source "familiar with Stevens' thinking" told CNN that the diplomat claimed to him that he was on the list. Stevens was killed Sept. 11 during a large protest in Benghazi. The U.S. is probing whether or not the attack was premeditated or if was over an anti-Islam video made by a filmmaker in the U.S.
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- Is it possible to live forever?
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
Subscribe to the Week