ecretary of State Hillary Clinton said there is "absolutely no information or reason to believe there is any basis" behind a claim that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens was on an al Qaeda hit list. The comments came after a source "familiar with Stevens' thinking" told CNN that the diplomat claimed to him that he was on the list. Stevens was killed Sept. 11 during a large protest in Benghazi. The U.S. is probing whether or not the attack was premeditated or if was over an anti-Islam video made by a filmmaker in the U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week