ecretary of State Hillary Clinton said there is "absolutely no information or reason to believe there is any basis" behind a claim that U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens was on an al Qaeda hit list. The comments came after a source "familiar with Stevens' thinking" told CNN that the diplomat claimed to him that he was on the list. Stevens was killed Sept. 11 during a large protest in Benghazi. The U.S. is probing whether or not the attack was premeditated or if was over an anti-Islam video made by a filmmaker in the U.S.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week