iolent protests in Pakistan over the anti-Islam film Innocence of Muslims erupted Friday and have left at least 19 people dead. A television station employee died from gunshot wounds during a protest in the northwestern city of Peshawar, and "far bigger protests in the southern port of Karachi, Pakistan's largest city, left between 12 and 14 people dead, Pakistani news media reported." Protesters also attacked and burned two movie theaters in Peshawar, and the government cut off cell-phone service in major cities, forcing many to flock to Twitter to communicate.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- The secrets of happy families
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Why U.S. and British spies have moles in World of Warcraft
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week