OOD DAY FOR:
A short jog
A new study finds that 30 minutes — and no longer — is the optimal amount of time you should exercise to lose weight. [Discovery News]
PSY's viral hit "Gangnam Style" becomes the most-liked video of all time on YouTube. [Gawker]
According to a new report, four of America's five richest cities — San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, and San Diego — are on the west coast. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Bursting decades-old bubbles
A British newspaper reveals that the iconic 1930s photo Lunch Atop A Skyscraper was actually staged for a publicity stunt. [The Daily What]
An armed gunman takes a hostage in a Pittsburgh office, but negotiations are hindered by his frequent and emotional real-time Facebook postings. [The Daily Dot]
Pulling a Boehner
Mitt Romney's face looks significantly darker during his appearance on Spanish-language news channel Univision, prompting accusations that he used bronzer to appeal to Latinos. [New York]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 20, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week