OOD DAY FOR:
A short jog
A new study finds that 30 minutes — and no longer — is the optimal amount of time you should exercise to lose weight. [Discovery News]
PSY's viral hit "Gangnam Style" becomes the most-liked video of all time on YouTube. [Gawker]
According to a new report, four of America's five richest cities — San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, and San Diego — are on the west coast. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Bursting decades-old bubbles
A British newspaper reveals that the iconic 1930s photo Lunch Atop A Skyscraper was actually staged for a publicity stunt. [The Daily What]
An armed gunman takes a hostage in a Pittsburgh office, but negotiations are hindered by his frequent and emotional real-time Facebook postings. [The Daily Dot]
Pulling a Boehner
Mitt Romney's face looks significantly darker during his appearance on Spanish-language news channel Univision, prompting accusations that he used bronzer to appeal to Latinos. [New York]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 20, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Game of Thrones recap: 'The Lion and the Rose'
Subscribe to the Week