GOOD DAY FOR:
A short jog
A new study finds that 30 minutes — and no longer — is the optimal amount of time you should exercise to lose weight. [Discovery News]
PSY's viral hit "Gangnam Style" becomes the most-liked video of all time on YouTube. [Gawker]
According to a new report, four of America's five richest cities — San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, and San Diego — are on the west coast. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
Bursting decades-old bubbles
A British newspaper reveals that the iconic 1930s photo Lunch Atop A Skyscraper was actually staged for a publicity stunt. [The Daily What]
An armed gunman takes a hostage in a Pittsburgh office, but negotiations are hindered by his frequent and emotional real-time Facebook postings. [The Daily Dot]
Pulling a Boehner
Mitt Romney's face looks significantly darker during his appearance on Spanish-language news channel Univision, prompting accusations that he used bronzer to appeal to Latinos. [New York]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 20, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week