he movie theater in Aurora, Colo., where 24-year-old James Holmes allegedly opened fire on July 20, killing 12 and wounding 58, is set to re-open in 2013. Cinemark Holdings, the company that owns the theater, plans to refurbish and reconfigure it despite three lawsuits by people wounded in the shootings. They allege that the exit door that the gunman used to enter the theater should have had an alarm.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week