The movie theater in Aurora, Colo., where 24-year-old James Holmes allegedly opened fire on July 20, killing 12 and wounding 58, is set to re-open in 2013. Cinemark Holdings, the company that owns the theater, plans to refurbish and reconfigure it despite three lawsuits by people wounded in the shootings. They allege that the exit door that the gunman used to enter the theater should have had an alarm.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
Subscribe to the Week