An avalanche on a high Himalayan peak of Mount Manaslu in Nepal on Sunday has left nine dead and six others missing, officials say. Most of the climbers were French or German. The identities of the victims are still being confirmed. Ten other members of the group survived, but were injured.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Surviving a plane crash
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week