Showtime terrorism thriller Homeland took home best drama honors at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, denying AMC's Mad Men a record five consecutive wins. Claire Danes (pictured) and Damian Lewis also won best actress and actor, respectively, for the drama. In the comedy category, Modern Family took the top award, Julia Louis-Dreyfus won best actress for Veep, and, in a surprise, Jon Cryer won best actor for Two and a Half Men. "Don't panic, people," Cryer said in his acceptance speech. "Something has clearly gone terribly wrong. I'm stunned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- Pope Francis says half of marriages today are invalid. He's wrong.
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week