howtime terrorism thriller Homeland took home best drama honors at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, denying AMC's Mad Men a record five consecutive wins. Claire Danes (pictured) and Damian Lewis also won best actress and actor, respectively, for the drama. In the comedy category, Modern Family took the top award, Julia Louis-Dreyfus won best actress for Veep, and, in a surprise, Jon Cryer won best actor for Two and a Half Men. "Don't panic, people," Cryer said in his acceptance speech. "Something has clearly gone terribly wrong. I'm stunned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week