Showtime terrorism thriller Homeland took home best drama honors at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, denying AMC's Mad Men a record five consecutive wins. Claire Danes (pictured) and Damian Lewis also won best actress and actor, respectively, for the drama. In the comedy category, Modern Family took the top award, Julia Louis-Dreyfus won best actress for Veep, and, in a surprise, Jon Cryer won best actor for Two and a Half Men. "Don't panic, people," Cryer said in his acceptance speech. "Something has clearly gone terribly wrong. I'm stunned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to improve your workplace culture
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
Subscribe to the Week