howtime terrorism thriller Homeland took home best drama honors at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, denying AMC's Mad Men a record five consecutive wins. Claire Danes (pictured) and Damian Lewis also won best actress and actor, respectively, for the drama. In the comedy category, Modern Family took the top award, Julia Louis-Dreyfus won best actress for Veep, and, in a surprise, Jon Cryer won best actor for Two and a Half Men. "Don't panic, people," Cryer said in his acceptance speech. "Something has clearly gone terribly wrong. I'm stunned."
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- The executioners' lament
Subscribe to the Week