howtime terrorism thriller Homeland took home best drama honors at the 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, denying AMC's Mad Men a record five consecutive wins. Claire Danes (pictured) and Damian Lewis also won best actress and actor, respectively, for the drama. In the comedy category, Modern Family took the top award, Julia Louis-Dreyfus won best actress for Veep, and, in a surprise, Jon Cryer won best actor for Two and a Half Men. "Don't panic, people," Cryer said in his acceptance speech. "Something has clearly gone terribly wrong. I'm stunned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- That 'world's toughest job' ad is actually full of horrible lessons on motherhood
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week