A fight between rival groups of workers at a Foxconn factory in Taiyuan, China, forced the plant to temporarily shut down. As many as 2,000 workers were involved in the scuffle, which left 40 people hospitalized and some employees arrested. "We want to give people time to cool down," said Foxconn spokesman Louis Woo. Woo declined to say if any parts for Apple's backordered iPhone 5 are made at the factory, but analyst Vincent Chen says the plant in question makes other company's devices, like Nintendo's Wii.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Surviving a plane crash
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The man who would be caliph
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Confessions of a hotel insider
- When men who abstain from pre-marital sex get married
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week