A fight between rival groups of workers at a Foxconn factory in Taiyuan, China, forced the plant to temporarily shut down. As many as 2,000 workers were involved in the scuffle, which left 40 people hospitalized and some employees arrested. "We want to give people time to cool down," said Foxconn spokesman Louis Woo. Woo declined to say if any parts for Apple's backordered iPhone 5 are made at the factory, but analyst Vincent Chen says the plant in question makes other company's devices, like Nintendo's Wii.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week