loods and landslides triggered by ruthless rain in northeast India have left at least 33 people dead and more than a million without homes. Government officials said Monday that the states hardest hit were Sikkim, Assam, and Arunachal Pradesh. In Assam alone, nearly one million residents have been displaced and eight have been killed. In July, flooding in the same area killed 110 people.
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Is it possible to live forever?
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- No, Obama doesn't have to fire everybody in the White House
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week