loods and landslides triggered by ruthless rain in northeast India have left at least 33 people dead and more than a million without homes. Government officials said Monday that the states hardest hit were Sikkim, Assam, and Arunachal Pradesh. In Assam alone, nearly one million residents have been displaced and eight have been killed. In July, flooding in the same area killed 110 people.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week