Retired space shuttles Endeavour, Enterprise, and Discovery have visited sights that are literally out of this world. But before each made their final landings here on Earth — as Endeavour did at Los Angeles International airport on Sept. 21 — they made low-flying tours past the country's national treasures. Here, a look at some of these amazing photo-ops....
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week