Retired space shuttles Endeavour, Enterprise, and Discovery have visited sights that are literally out of this world. But before each made their final landings here on Earth — as Endeavour did at Los Angeles International airport on Sept. 21 — they made low-flying tours past the country's national treasures. Here, a look at some of these amazing photo-ops....
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week