etired space shuttles Endeavour, Enterprise, and Discovery have visited sights that are literally out of this world. But before each made their final landings here on Earth — as Endeavour did at Los Angeles International airport on Sept. 21 — they made low-flying tours past the country's national treasures. Here, a look at some of these amazing photo-ops....
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week