n Monday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claimed that Israel is bullying the U.S. into taking punitive measures against Iran for its suspected nuclear weapons program. Speaking to reporters before the opening of the annual meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York City, Ahmadinejad said "a few occupying Zionists" are using the prospect of an Israeli military strike against Iran to push the U.S. into a more aggressive posture. Ahmadinejad and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are expected to address the assembly later this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
Subscribe to the Week