On Monday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claimed that Israel is bullying the U.S. into taking punitive measures against Iran for its suspected nuclear weapons program. Speaking to reporters before the opening of the annual meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York City, Ahmadinejad said "a few occupying Zionists" are using the prospect of an Israeli military strike against Iran to push the U.S. into a more aggressive posture. Ahmadinejad and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are expected to address the assembly later this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week