On Monday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claimed that Israel is bullying the U.S. into taking punitive measures against Iran for its suspected nuclear weapons program. Speaking to reporters before the opening of the annual meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York City, Ahmadinejad said "a few occupying Zionists" are using the prospect of an Israeli military strike against Iran to push the U.S. into a more aggressive posture. Ahmadinejad and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are expected to address the assembly later this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
Subscribe to the Week