On Monday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claimed that Israel is bullying the U.S. into taking punitive measures against Iran for its suspected nuclear weapons program. Speaking to reporters before the opening of the annual meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York City, Ahmadinejad said "a few occupying Zionists" are using the prospect of an Israeli military strike against Iran to push the U.S. into a more aggressive posture. Ahmadinejad and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are expected to address the assembly later this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Deficit scolds are the most crazed ideologues in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- The disturbing lessons of Arizona's un-American execution
Subscribe to the Week