On Monday, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad claimed that Israel is bullying the U.S. into taking punitive measures against Iran for its suspected nuclear weapons program. Speaking to reporters before the opening of the annual meeting of the United Nations General Assembly in New York City, Ahmadinejad said "a few occupying Zionists" are using the prospect of an Israeli military strike against Iran to push the U.S. into a more aggressive posture. Ahmadinejad and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu are expected to address the assembly later this week.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week