Two Marines will face criminal charges stemming from their alleged urination on corpses of Taliban fighters last year in Afghanistan. The incident became public, and caused international outrage, after a video surfaced in January showing the Marines relieving themselves on three dead men. The Marines, Staff Sergeants Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola, will also face charges for not reporting misconduct of junior Marines.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week