Two Marines will face criminal charges stemming from their alleged urination on corpses of Taliban fighters last year in Afghanistan. The incident became public, and caused international outrage, after a video surfaced in January showing the Marines relieving themselves on three dead men. The Marines, Staff Sergeants Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola, will also face charges for not reporting misconduct of junior Marines.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- America's most surprising banned books
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week