Two Marines will face criminal charges stemming from their alleged urination on corpses of Taliban fighters last year in Afghanistan. The incident became public, and caused international outrage, after a video surfaced in January showing the Marines relieving themselves on three dead men. The Marines, Staff Sergeants Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola, will also face charges for not reporting misconduct of junior Marines.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week