wo Marines will face criminal charges stemming from their alleged urination on corpses of Taliban fighters last year in Afghanistan. The incident became public, and caused international outrage, after a video surfaced in January showing the Marines relieving themselves on three dead men. The Marines, Staff Sergeants Joseph W. Chamblin and Edward W. Deptola, will also face charges for not reporting misconduct of junior Marines.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week