he NFL's replacement refs continue to court controversy. In one of the most bizarre and eyebrow-raising finishes in recent football history, the Seattle Seahawks beat the Green Bay Packers on Monday night on a Hail Mary touchdown pass that many fans believed was an interception rather than a touchdown. Confusion reigned on the field as the replacement refs struggled to sort through a pile of players and seemed unable to agree with each other on the correct call. Video replays seem to show that a Packers defender had intercepted the ball rather than a Seahawks receiver catching a touchdown. This is just the latest blown call in the young NFL season, in which the real referees have been locked out over a salary dispute.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
Subscribe to the Week