GOOD DAY FOR:
Having all the luck
A Norwegian family's third lottery win coincides with the birth of their third child. [AFP]
Obliging your fans
Country music star Carrie Underwood treats a 12-year-old boy to his first kiss after spotting him sporting a sign asking for a smooch. [HyperVocal]
Consumer confidence hits a seven-month high, according to a new report. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new NYPD report finds that the number of of Apple products stolen in New York has increased by 40 percent this year. [New York]
Madonna announces during a show that she endorses the "black Muslim in the White House" for president. [Gothamist]
Getting closer to nature
A New Zealand man seeks emergency treatment after a small eel gets lodged in his buttocks. [GlobalPost]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 24, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week