GOOD DAY FOR:
Having all the luck
A Norwegian family's third lottery win coincides with the birth of their third child. [AFP]
Obliging your fans
Country music star Carrie Underwood treats a 12-year-old boy to his first kiss after spotting him sporting a sign asking for a smooch. [HyperVocal]
Consumer confidence hits a seven-month high, according to a new report. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new NYPD report finds that the number of of Apple products stolen in New York has increased by 40 percent this year. [New York]
Madonna announces during a show that she endorses the "black Muslim in the White House" for president. [Gothamist]
Getting closer to nature
A New Zealand man seeks emergency treatment after a small eel gets lodged in his buttocks. [GlobalPost]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 24, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
Subscribe to the Week