OOD DAY FOR:
Having all the luck
A Norwegian family's third lottery win coincides with the birth of their third child. [AFP]
Obliging your fans
Country music star Carrie Underwood treats a 12-year-old boy to his first kiss after spotting him sporting a sign asking for a smooch. [HyperVocal]
Consumer confidence hits a seven-month high, according to a new report. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new NYPD report finds that the number of of Apple products stolen in New York has increased by 40 percent this year. [New York]
Madonna announces during a show that she endorses the "black Muslim in the White House" for president. [Gothamist]
Getting closer to nature
A New Zealand man seeks emergency treatment after a small eel gets lodged in his buttocks. [GlobalPost]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 24, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Pics or it didn't happen: Millennials are a bunch of selfie-loving skeptics
Subscribe to the Week