GOOD DAY FOR:
Having all the luck
A Norwegian family's third lottery win coincides with the birth of their third child. [AFP]
Obliging your fans
Country music star Carrie Underwood treats a 12-year-old boy to his first kiss after spotting him sporting a sign asking for a smooch. [HyperVocal]
Consumer confidence hits a seven-month high, according to a new report. [Newser]
BAD DAY FOR:
A new NYPD report finds that the number of of Apple products stolen in New York has increased by 40 percent this year. [New York]
Madonna announces during a show that she endorses the "black Muslim in the White House" for president. [Gothamist]
Getting closer to nature
A New Zealand man seeks emergency treatment after a small eel gets lodged in his buttocks. [GlobalPost]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 24, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week