itt Romney on Tuesday called for an overhaul of the U.S.'s foreign aid programs, saying the U.S. could better serve developing countries by encouraging private investment and entrepreneurship. Speaking at the Clinton Global Initiative in New York City, Romney said his plan was "a new approach for a new era," in which the U.S. would rely less on traditional social-service programs to move the developing world toward prosperity. President Obama also addressed the Clinton Global Initiative, delivering a passionate address on the need to combat human trafficking.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Battle in a blizzard
- The secrets of happy families
- Did God have a wife?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week