Singer Andy Williams, known for easy listening hits "Moon River" and "Can't Get Used to Losing You," died from complications of bladder cancer Tuesday night. He was 84. Williams hit his peak popularity in the 1960s, and in the 1990s helped popularize Branson, Mo., as a music and entertainment destination. His Moon River Theatre in Branson opened in 1992.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
Subscribe to the Week