Singer Andy Williams, known for easy listening hits "Moon River" and "Can't Get Used to Losing You," died from complications of bladder cancer Tuesday night. He was 84. Williams hit his peak popularity in the 1960s, and in the 1990s helped popularize Branson, Mo., as a music and entertainment destination. His Moon River Theatre in Branson opened in 1992.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
Subscribe to the Week