inger Andy Williams, known for easy listening hits "Moon River" and "Can't Get Used to Losing You," died from complications of bladder cancer Tuesday night. He was 84. Williams hit his peak popularity in the 1960s, and in the 1990s helped popularize Branson, Mo., as a music and entertainment destination. His Moon River Theatre in Branson opened in 1992.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week