GOOD DAY FOR:
Sources report that Twilight co-stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have re-united despite Stewart's (exhaustively dissected) cheating scandal. [Newser]
A virtual dive
Google adds 360-degree panoramic views of the Great Barrier Reef and five other underwater locations to Street View — despite the locales' lack of streets. [Geekosystem]
Regaining a finger
After a fisherman finds a human finger in the belly of a trout, police identify the digit's owner — raising the possibility that surgeons could re-attach the finger to the man who lost it during a wakeboarding accident. [Discovery News]
BAD DAY FOR:
A Texas soldier tries to scare away his friend's case of the hiccups by pointing what he thought was an unloaded gun at him, but kills him when it accidentally fires. [The Stir]
Two women are busted in New York's JFK airport attempting to smuggle nearly two pounds of cocaine each by sewing it into their weaves. [Gothamist]
Fitness instructors are already cashing in on the "Gangnam Style" K-pop craze by offering Gangnam Style Cardio Dance classes. [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 25, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week