OOD DAY FOR:
Sources report that Twilight co-stars Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart have re-united despite Stewart's (exhaustively dissected) cheating scandal. [Newser]
A virtual dive
Google adds 360-degree panoramic views of the Great Barrier Reef and five other underwater locations to Street View — despite the locales' lack of streets. [Geekosystem]
Regaining a finger
After a fisherman finds a human finger in the belly of a trout, police identify the digit's owner — raising the possibility that surgeons could re-attach the finger to the man who lost it during a wakeboarding accident. [Discovery News]
BAD DAY FOR:
A Texas soldier tries to scare away his friend's case of the hiccups by pointing what he thought was an unloaded gun at him, but kills him when it accidentally fires. [The Stir]
Two women are busted in New York's JFK airport attempting to smuggle nearly two pounds of cocaine each by sewing it into their weaves. [Gothamist]
Fitness instructors are already cashing in on the "Gangnam Style" K-pop craze by offering Gangnam Style Cardio Dance classes. [TIME]
For more winners and losers see: Good day, bad day: September 25, 2012
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week