truggling Republican Missouri Senate candidate Todd Akin, under fire for his remarks about "legitimate rape," is beginning to pick up support from his fellow GOPers. He picked up two big endorsements Wednesday from former presidential candidate Rick Santorum and Tea Party star Sen. Jim DeMint. In addition, the National Republican Senatorial Committee, which had previously pulled millions of dollars of planned advertising for the candidate, said it hopes Akin beats Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill. Tuesday was the last day Akin could be removed from the November ballot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How to flirt, according to science
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
Subscribe to the Week